Frequently Asked Questions

Insurance card, Photo ID, records (including imaging) from any other offices they were seen at for the same issues.

Inform us of when, with who, and for what.. if need be we will get a message to our doctors informing them of your history and return a call to you and proceed from there. In the meantime, obtain records from the other medical office.

You do not need a referral from another doctor, although SOME insurances require an insurance referral. You can determine this by calling your insurance and asking if you need an insurance referral for a specialist, or if you call into the office we can verify for you.

Refills may be requested only between the hours of 8am and 3:30pm Monday-Friday by calling 203.265.3280×1141. Please allow 1 to 2 days for processing. Comprehensive Orthopaedics does not accept pharmacy refill requests. If you would like a refill on medication, please let the provider know during your visit or call the aforementioned number. We advise that you check your medication supply before noon on Fridays. No refills will be processed on the weekends or after 3:30pm on weekdays.

For your childs initial appointment, it is our office policy that we need a parent or guardian present. At the time of that appointment, we are able to provide a minor patient consent form which will then allow the patient to be seen alone for future appointments.

Our doctors work directly with Midstate.

You can call our direct number 203-265-3280 and dial extension 1141 for our medication line who will handle all of your questions and/or concerns. This line is staffed by employees who also work on the floor throughout the day so given the situation they are not able to answer, please leave a brief voicemail with your name, dob, why you’re calling, and a good call back number for you.

We accept all major insurances, if there is any question please contact your insurance carrier to verify in-network benefits, or contact our office so we can verify for you. We accept Medicaid/Husky BUT have a closed panel, which means we are only able to accept it if it’s registered to towns in which we have offices – Wallingford, Meriden, Southington, Cheshire and the exception of Plantsville ONLY. If you are unsure, you can call your insurance company to see where it is registered to, or call our office and we are able to verify for you.